Job Position: Fisheries Technician
Location: St. Stephen and throughout Charlotte County NB
The Fisheries Technician will be working with the Peskotomuhkati First Nation on our coastal
restoration project to complete monitoring and track movement of sea-run fish passage in the
Quoddy Region. This position will be conducted primarily in the field with some office duties.
The Fisheries Technician position is great for those interested in continuous learning in the
This is a 4-month position with the possibility of extension
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Monitor presence and abundance of sea-run fish in Quoddy region rivers and estuaries
– Assist with PIT tagging of sea-run fish
– Assist with retrieving and maintaining multi-beam sonar and PIT tag data
– Collect water quality data
– Data entry
– Participate in other aspects of the coastal restoration project as needed
Skills and Experience:
– Experience working with electronics and/or fish tracking devices
– Ability and patience to troubleshoot equipment
– Experience working with and managing data
– Well-organized with an attention to details.
– Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, and work independently.
– Strong interpersonal skills as required in a team.
– Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
– Experience handling and working with fishes
– Experience using PIT tag and acoustic sonar equipment
– Ability to manage and manipulate large databases
– Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
– Experience working with environmental field equipment and gear
– Valid NB drivers license with clean driving record
Email your application to: Lita O’Halloran at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
– Email subject line is “Fisheries Technician Application”
– a brief cover letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience
– your resume along with a minimum of two references
– cover letter, resume, and references, as one PDF file named with your first and last name