The Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) is a Federal Government initiative targeting Canadians youths aged 15 to 30. It supports the creation of job opportunities, focusing on young people facing barriers. The purpose is to increase employment for youth, enabling them to gain work experience, skills, and to expand networks. This initiative will give youths a chance to make a difference in our national parks and historic sites across Canada!
The Government of Canada has given additional funds to Parks Canada for the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) to better support youth. The goal is to ensure youth, including those who face barriers or discrimination, can benefit from temporary employment opportunities. It will increase their job readiness and will be a chance for Parks Canada managers to identify youth with great potential. This initiative enables youth to acquire employment experience and rejuvenate the organization while building a more inclusive and diverse workplace. Parks Canada is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace by embracing this initiative, and encourages applications by youth facing barriers to employment, in particular youth at risk, visible minorities, Indigenous Canadians and persons with disabilities.
Benefits of working with Parks Canada will allow you to:
- Gain a paid-work experience in a friendly workplace where diversity and inclusion are valued.
- Build employment history and acquire skills, whether you’re starting or advancing your career!
- Expand your network, learn how we work to serve Canadians in many ways across Canada
- Make a difference and provide hands-on support to our organization, as guardian of the national parks, the national historic sites and the national marine conservation areas of Canada.
Parks Canada can hire you: if you are 30 years of age or younger; out of school; face barriers to employment due to disabilities, socio-economics, race, gender, or for other reasons. Temporary opportunities will be offered at Parks Canada to allow you to build work experience and contribute to your employment journey! If you or someone you know are interested in this job opportunity, please apply or spread the word. We want to count you among us!
Who can apply? To be eligible to the YESS, you must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years old.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or legally entitled to work in Canada
- We encourage you to self-identify in your resume as preference may be given to candidates who self-identify as visible-minority, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, as well as youth facing barriers to employment.
Contacts – Send your Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions or need further details you can contact Kenny Francis or Shannon Ward:
Phone: 506-524-7349 or 506-521-4294
For a printable PDF of this information, click here.